Summer has arrived!
Time for sun and fun! This cool DIY project to make a wooden tray just bursting in colour is easy to make and looks like you bought it straight from the shop. This fauvistic art piece in the style of Henri Matisse can really brighten up your home!
You will need:
- A Blank Wooden Tray
- Sharpie Oil Based Pens in your favourite summer colours
- Wood Sealer
- Paint Brush
- Lightly brush and wipe the tray to remove any sandpaper or obstructions
- Now its time to draw your designs. Take the pencil and draw some exciting, fluid shapes of foliage, leafs, etc (make sure to draw the pencil on lightly so that it doesn’t show through)
- Now simply paint inside the shapes you have drawn with the Sharpie Pens. Do your best to keep it within the lines you have laid out but don’t worry if it goes over a little!
- Now you can add more designs to the handles or sides of the tray, its entirely up to you!
- Leave the tray to dry for the specified time to make sure that it is dry. Then using the wood sealer, cover the tray to make sure that it is waterproof and that your designs will stand the test of time
- Now enjoy your creation throughout the summer!
The Laroshe Team